Admissions & Fees
Please note that the Grade 1, Grade 2 and Grade 3 classes for 2019 are currently full. We are no longer accepting applications for these classes. The following steps are required in order for a fast and efficient application process. Please ensure that the following accompanies each Application Form when returning it to the school:
- Application Fee : R500 (non-refundable)
- A certified copy of the student’s birth certificate;
- Copies of the student’s latest two school reports;
- Pastor’s reference
- School reference
- Reports of any medical conditions or Therapist reports
- 1 x Individual Photo
- Please present the Pastor’s Confidential Reference letter to your Pastor or Church Minister who must then complete the form and send it to the Harvest school office by fax, email, call or in a sealed envelope by post or hand.
- Please present the Current School Confidential Reference letter to the student’s current school Headmaster who must then complete the form and send it to the Harvest school office by fax, or in a sealed envelope by post or hand.
- The application can only proceed to the interview stage once all of the above have been received. Receipt of the above does not guarantee the granting of an interview.
- Admission to the school is subject to available space, curriculum compatibility and the ability of Harvest to serve your family’s needs in terms of our mission statement as stated above in italics. Should we be unable to assist you, we will notify you in writing. Alternatively, we will contact you to arrange an interview.
- The presence of both parents and the student is required at the interview except under special circumstances that must have been agreed to by prior arrangement with the school.
- The student may be required to complete a diagnostic assessment or school readiness evaluation as part of the interview process.
- The school will notify you of the outcome of your interview in writing. Should your application be successful, your letter of acceptance will be followed by an information pack including details such as uniform, textbook and stationery requirements.
- Harvest Christian School is a fee-paying school and is thus dependent on families fulfilling their monthly financial obligations to the school. Successful applicants are required to sign a commitment to the school’s financial policy. The relevant school fee structure is included in your Application Pack.
- Once you have received your preliminary letter of acceptance, a non-refundable admission fee of R1750 is payable per student in order to secure their place in that particular grade.
Please direct queries to the Secretary at 041 581 2007 during office hours or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The fee structure for 2019 includes the Workbooks and Consumables. An outline of these costs will be provided to the parents in the respective Grades on an additional document. Every effort is being made to reduce the number of ‘extras’ that get added to the account, to ensure a set monthly fee that includes all costs.
|Grade||Annual School Fee||Workbooks & Consumables||Total Annual Fee for 2019||Monthly Payment over 11 months||Annual fee in advance*|
|Grade1||R32 711||R1 815||R34 526||R3 139||R32 891|
|Grade2||R34 146||R2 142||R36 288||R3 299||R34 581|
|Grade3||R35 671||R2 531||R38 202||R3 473||R36 418|
|Grade4||R37 197||R2 549||R39 746||R3 613||R37 886|
|Grade5||R38 722||R2 315||R41 037||R3 731||R39 101|
|Grade6||R40 323||R2 785||R43 108||R3 919||R41 092|
|Grade7||R40 414||R2 941||R43 355||R3 941||R41 334|
*If Paid by 31 January 2019 (5% Discount)
The Governing Body has decided to introduce a sibling discount to support those families with more than one child at Harvest. The following sibling discounts will automatically apply from 2019:
2nd child 5%
3rd child 7.5%
4th child 10%