Harvest Christian School in Walmer, Port Elizabeth, consists of a Pre-Primary School, a Primary School and a High School. The school was established by Harvest Church in 1987 and has a current total enrolment of 500 pupils, 100 of which attend the Pre-Primary School. The school exists to serve the Christian family, with whom we partner, to train and disciple young people in a biblical worldview for growth, excellence and influence.
Pre-Primary School Teacher For Grade R
The successful applicant will have:
• a calling & passion to work with young children
• confidence in partnering with parents
• excellent command of spoken and written English
• the ability to present music & movement rings
• fully computer literate – proficient in Word and Excel
• the ability to work in a team
• a strong inter-personal relationship and communication skills
• an appropriate professional qualification in Early Childhood Education
• teaching experience required
• the ability to take responsibility for the class, including all planning, assessments & reports
Due to the operational requirements of the School, the following High School position is available from 16 January 2019 to 14 June 2019:
Temporary English (Grade 8 & 9) & LO Teacher (Grade 10, 11 & 12)
The successful applicant will need:
• Appropriate qualification and experience in teaching at a High School level.
• Experience with the IEB is recommended.
• Candidates should be in possession of a S.A.C.E. registration certificate or be eligible for registration.
• To be a serving member of a local Christian Church with a personal testimony of a living faith. The incumbent will be willing to uphold the Vision and Mission of the School and support the core values of the School.
The appointed person will be a serving member of a local Christian Church with a personal testimony of a living faith. The incumbent will be willing to uphold the Vision and Mission of the School and support the core values of the School.
Interested parties should fax or email a CV, including the names and contact details of two references and a pastor’s reference to the Headmaster’s PA, Lee-Ann Stols. Fax: (041) 581 4989 or Email: email@example.com. Applications must be submitted by Friday, 17 August 2018.
Please note that Harvest Christian School reserves the right not to make an appointment. Submission of an application does not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview. If no communication has been received a month after the closing date, the application must be regarded as unsuccessful.